Last modified: 11/03/2022
Dotcom Ventures ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or purchase any products through any website we control, including those under the Preppers Peak brands or on storefronts under those names hosted on another platform (such as, though not limited to, Shopify) (collectively our "Website(s)" or “Site(s)”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On any of our Sites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Sites.
- When purchasing any product provided by us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Sites.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us or our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, make any purchases through our Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, information required to place or fulfill an order placed by you (e.g. billing information or shipping information), or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as order behavior and aggregated customer metrics;
- That is related to the functioning of your accessing our Sites through an affiliate or other type of marketing channel (such as a unique code generated for the purpose of compensating our marketing partners); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate to or through our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of placing an order through any of our Sites or signing up for our email list. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through any of our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Sites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on a given Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information related to your accessing our Sites from a third-party affiliate or other type of marketing website or service provider, such as your use of a unique URL link.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- Work with business partners to more appropriately market our goods and services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting your use of some portions of our Site(s) may be limited.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie information automatically collected about you to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, please follow the instructions to unsubscribe and remove yourself at the bottom of such an email.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including website hosting services, payment processors, email list service providers (such as Mail Chimp), or shipping services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Stream Service Incorp.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Sites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We do not intentionally sell or otherwise share any of your personal information with third-parties for purposes besides those listed above, including for their own marketing or advertising purposes.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
We also routinely delete personal information as part of our business processes. We routinely delete all personal information on our systems related to any transaction approximately every three months. Notwithstanding the foregoing, our services providers related to maintaining and informing our mailing list may maintain your contact information solely for the purposes of sending you such messages until you modify or cancel those subscriptions using the instructions in any email sent to our email contact list.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to any of our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on any of our Sites.